LCCMR Online workshop and quiz for education credits for University of Minnesota Extension Master Gardener.
How to use the slides shows (links below):
- Click on the links below to download or open the slide show with Microsoft PowerPoint.
- There are different versions of PowerPoint; if you do not hear the sound, we recommend viewing as a full screen slide show.
- Manually advance slides in slide show mode by hitting "enter" or clicking the mouse.
- Audio will automatically advance after slide advances (forward only) after a slight pause. Double click the sound icon to play individual slides from normal view within PowerPoint.
- You can send your own workshop evaluations to [email protected].
Watch the slideshow, take the quiz, and pass along knowledge on how to conserve bees, butterflies, and beneficial insects!
1. Importance of Habitat Conservation for Wild Bees and Other Pollinators (Xerces Society):
Slide show (no audio)
Farming with Pollinators: Increasing Profit and Reducing Risk (Xerces Society)
2. Types of Bees (and other insect pollinators):
Wild pollinators of eastern apple orchards and how to conserve them (Cornell University 2012)
3. Bee Plants:
Upper Midwest Plants for Native Bees (Xerces Society)
4. Bee habitat conservation in farms, fruit crops, and gardens:
Farming for Bees: Guidelines for Providing Native Bee Habitat on Farms (Xerces Society 2007)
5. Bees and Pesticides:
The Impact of the Nation's Most Widely Used Insecticides on Birds (American Bird Conservancy 2013)
Birds, Bees, and Aquatic Life Threatened... (American Bird Conservancy 2013)
Are Neonicotinoids Killing Bees? (Xerces Society 2012)